Teaching Position Information
Bright Futures Christian School is a small, private Christian school located in Camas, Washington. Our school maintains high standards in education and moral development for both staff and students as we continue to meet the needs of families in our community.
We are currently seeking two elementary teachers for two full-time teaching positions. Open positions are for a K/1 grade split class and an intermediate class (either a 3rd/4th grade or a 5th/6th grade, depending on applicant’s experience).
Includes (but is not limited to) the following:
The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and social growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with the Essential Academic Learning Requirements from OSPI and Bright Futures Christian School policies. The following responsibilities are to be included:
1. Teach curriculum for all academic and religious goals
2. Prepare for daily instruction
3. Track student progress
4. Monitor students in other settings, such as lunchroom, programs, playground, etc. for the purpose of ensuring a safe and appropriate learning environment
5. Communicate clearly with administration, staff, parents and students
6. Help build a strong academic school and community
• Bachelor’s Degree with a current Washington Teaching Certificate
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to problem solve with patience and common sense
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
To be determined based on experience according to BFCS Salary Scale (approximately 70% of state salary schedule). No medical/health insurance at this time.
If you would like to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and response to the following question directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with Teaching Position in the subject line. Applicants will be selected for interviews.